View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 12:35 AM
Tim Odeen

You want the 1993 Upper Deck SP RC. It has the foil background. Foil makes it easy to get lower grades. That card is the creme de la creme, especially in higher grades. I am looking at buying one. If you care for PSA you will pay a premium. I don't, I'm fine with Beckett. I have "watched" Beckett 8's and 8.5's and the sellers will reach out and make offers going as low as $375. Don't pay over $500 for that range by Beckett.

That grade range for the SP, 7-8-8.5, also has bundles sometimes that might make it more appealing. I've seen a Becket graded 7 and 8 bundled with ungraded Jeter RC's in the same price range, $375 - $500. So you can get 2 or 3 rookies of Jeter for the same price.

I think the Stadium Club Murphy is the second most desirable. It's just a very sharp looking card.

The Topps base Jeter is probably #3 in popularity. However, there is also the Topps Gold which is a variation short print. I don't know how desirable that one is. But it is scarcer.

If you want to give him the thrill of the chase, unopened 1993 Topps 36 count boxes are on Ebay for $100 - $150. You could buy him the SP rc, and a box of Topps and have some fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-31-2020 at 12:38 AM.