View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
You keep bringing up things you want to do, but nobody wants to be at the protests. Nobody wanted what happened to George Floyd to have happened to him or anyone else. Again, I would ask that you consider the motivation behind the things you’re comparing.
First off did you lose your job? did you get furloughed? did you take a pay cut?

Guessing the answer is No to all of the above. So if not, it's very easy to say keep all these things closed.

The things I want to do is what America wants to do, and all the workers and business owners want us to do, so they can get back to work, and not be told they can't because the Virus takes precedent. Yet Protesting/Looting take precedent to the Virus. Then the Virus.....mmmm not so much. Complete media double standard.

I get it, it's a VERY important issue. But all those Mayors and Governors who said we ALL will die if Georgia opens, and those who gasped at the Ozarks pool party, and condemned the Spring Breakers, but if it's a "Cause" then its ok to not social distance etc, and throw everything they said about saving/protecting lives out the window. Complete media/political double standard.

And what Jake said is true, this is the Perfect Storm, you have everything closed so The Place To Be (to quote Frank Costanza) is to be at these protests. A majority I would say are college students who are out of school, watch this die down quite a bit when schools go back in August. Watch. You also have lots of people of out work so they are going to these as well. Open things up then more of these people protesting will be at work not the protests.
And again there are no bars open, no sporting events, not much else to do. What can you do....go to the protests.....hey now there is music and dancing, it's becoming a party, and since everything else is closed.......The Place To Be.

And again this is a great cause that needs to be addressed, and not just forgotten when the next story knocks it out of the media's focus, but people WANT to be there don't fool yourself. They want to be part of this movement, and if it makes a difference finally GREAT!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 06-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.