View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 04:05 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Trust me, even for those of us actively collecting the Orioles team issues, the B&W postcards from 1954-1969 aren't that plentiful. That's why probably 75% of the 145 postcards I still need are from those years. You are correct that the stars like Brooks Robinson tend to be much easier to find that the fringe players. The Orioles have always printed the postcards on an as needed basis. In addition to autograph requests, the postcards used to be available for sale through the Public Relations Dept. I've never known the Orioles to sell them through their team stores. The biggest issue I run into condition wise are postmarks stamped on the front of postcards. I don't mind postcards with addresses and postmarks on the back, but really hate the fronts stamped.

Here are the 1964 team issued postcards. They are 3 1/4" x 5 1/2" and blank backed. I have 45 of the 50 known postcards. New variations sometimes surface, even after all these years. I'm missing Joe Gaines, Lou Jackson, Mike McCormick and second poses of Willie Kirkland and bob Saverine. I'm sure the Orioles did at least two printings during the season, as several players have cropping differences or new poses altogether.

1964 Orioles team issued postcards]
Alan,

If you ever run into anymore of the ‘64 Brooks postcards (or any early year postcard) please let me know. Would love to add them...