View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:20 AM
Alan Strout

Default 1992 Orioles Crown Stand Ups

In the early 90's, Crown Central Petroleum sponsored a few sets of Orioles cards. Crown had long been associated with the Orioles and Brooks Robinson. Several items have been posted previously, including a few cards from the 1991 Crown set that had 501 cards. I remember being excited about the 1991 set because it was advertised as having cards of every player to appear for the Orioles. I was greatly disappointed when I found out that a lot of players in the set weren't pictured in their Orioles uniform. Crown should have given me a call and I could have helped them out.

I don't remember the 1992 Crown set being posted yet. The set is similar to the Johnny Pro stand ups from 1973 and were designed to punched out, attached to the base and stood up. They were issued in three sets of four cards and are still fairly easy to find today.

SCAN8510.jpg

The set consisted of 12 players - Paul Blair, Terry Crowley, Rick Dempsey, Bobby Grich, Tippy Martinez, Jim Palmer, Boog Powell, Cal Ripken Jr, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Ken Singleton and Earl Weaver

Brooks Robinson and Cal Ripken Jr Stand Ups

SCAN8506.JPG SCAN8505.JPG

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 06-10-2020 at 05:26 AM.