View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 10:48 AM

Default Press pins, where to even begin...

Hi Justin and Eliot, thanks for your replies. I'm not really sure where to begin if we want to have some sort of repository or collection of info/pictures of various pins throughout the years. Does net54 support that or would it need to be external that you would reference from net54? Not sure what's already out there, but I was envisioning something not that unlike what Jim Johnston put together except that it would be online and it would contain pictures of the BACKS of the pins as well, many times the most important way to really see what a pin is. Each pin could contain any post a member would want to add based on what they know or what they've seen. And, obviously we'd fill in everything post-1988. I think if we stuck to baseball to start we'd have more than enough to do. If anyone thinks we should go in a different direction or if something is already out there that we could simply augment, I'd love to hear it. I'd just like to solve the issue of when I see a pin on ebay or some other auction, how do I verify if it was an original issue or a restrike or simply a forgery. Should it have a threaded post of a needle post, should it have the maker's mark, etc. I'd love to hear any and all recommendations/suggestions. Thanks.
Gerard
PS - Still trying to figure out the best way to get Jim's guide out there for consumption here