View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
The math has to work out. 44 x 3 + 33 x 4 = 264. There has to be at least 3 SP rows B with Coleman, C with Hoerner and G with Jackson. If there are only 33 SPs then one of the rows, probably G would only be printed twice. If we can place #583 and #598 it would help a lot. A and D are clearly DP rows meaning that Northrup and 571 Roberts are DPs not SPs. I would tend to agree that E with Williams and McCovey is a DP row. I never felt that they were that tough. That would only leave F as an unknown row. This information shows that there are errors in the hobby's list of SPs for 1966 high numbers.
44x3 and 33x4 is not the only way to reach 264. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we have a situation like in 1967 with a possible 2x row. We don't have the evidence to make conclusions on how many times a row appeared at all yet, so it's just conjecture. Will be interesting to see if we can actually recreate a full sheet from this method. We can say the traditional SP list is debunked, but that's about all. We need more top/down miscuts to start working on the columns better while we hunt for the missing row cut clues.