View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:23 AM
Mike Magee

[QUOTE=roarfrom34;1997700]Back in October of 2009, Brooks was honored with an "Evening" at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, which also served as a fundraiser for the Babe Ruth Museum....

It was a great event indeed with Brooks sitting up on the stage with friends, Orioles alum (Hansen, Cal, Palmer, etc.) & family sharing stories about him and his career.

Printed on the admission tickets was "no autographs" and people that walked in with bats, photos, pennants, etc. were told to take them back to their car.

When the event was over, the organizers were trying to have Brooks immediately exit back stage, but in typical Brooks fashion he ended up signing the event program for anyone that stood in line (including me and my son)...

Hi Bill,

What a great story and program! I love hearing about Brooks doing things like that. I remember I was unable to attend that event because it was a Monday and I couldn't come down from Pennsylvania.

The 2018 'Dinner with the 1983 Orioles' was the same story, since it was on a Wednesday. Were you and your son able to attend that event?