Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 08:13 AM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Excellent Suggestion, Howard, But...

It is indeed a great website, as it gathers news, both good and negative, about the hobby.
I just recently dealt with Rich in connection with a two-part blog about having a plan to sell your cards/sets through an auction house/eBay. Rich had me change/edit some material in the two pieces, which any good editor should do. He also had me take out a flip remark I made about the PSA scandal. And that's fine too. And let's not forget he has advertisers that support him so if a "scandal" broke out about one of them, don't look for Rich to report on it UNLESS a piece has already been published about it elsewhere. That's key.
Here's my point: I don't see Rich tackling this particular story for the simple reason that he is not an investigative reporter. He's a gatherer of stories from other newspapers/sources. Some good, some negative.
It's worth a shot, of course, Dave. But I see a big problem in the fact that there is not a truly independent reporting source when it comes to the current available media outlets for this hobby/industry. They are all supported by advertising to one degree or another.
Just thought I would provide that firsthand experience, which I have also had with a number of the other industry trade pubs in recent years.
Peace and stay healthy.