View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 05:59 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Good morning,

However, also included was an issue of Wax Pack Magazine that had an article where Bill listed his Top 10 Rarest Cal Items.

Bill, do you still have that Stroh's photoball? I've certainly never seen one before.
Hi Mike:

How ironic that a month or so ago I was going through some tabloid newspaper size pieces in my collection and I ran across that very paper!..Hard to believe that it came out over a quarter-century ago & most of the items on that list are still very desirable to this day (I've still only seen one yellow Thom Mc An disc).

Anyways, regarding the Stroh's Photo Ball, over the years I've come to the realization that it most likely was a stadium giveaway item in Rochester the day that the Orioles came to play an exhibition game (which used to be an annual thing)..The only reason I say that is that both balls I have came from Rochester area collections and both have autographs on them...One I have is signed by all three in sharpie and this one just by Altobelli:

These baseballs are very similar to ones produced as "Major League Picture Baseballs" from 1983 which were sold in hobby stores/card shows & picture Eddie, CRJ, Bumbry & Singleton:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 07-16-2020 at 06:43 AM.