Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 12:08 PM
Dave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Sounds like an amazing collection, and I share your love for history. I see they had about 250 historical items in their last auction. Just curious: were the items that were returned items that did not sell at any price, or were they items that sold, but for less than you wanted, so instead of shipping them to the winners, he's returning to you? Said another way, are there also some bidders who are getting "screwed" in this debacle? (Sorry if this was answered earlier.)

The items returned for the most part never made it to the auction because he said he couldn't handle the volume, his site kept crashing, people are furloughed etc. The majority of what was returned was probably earmarked for the next auction.....along with some items that received no bids. Basically any item that had a bid was sold regardless of the reserve price I gave him, (which means some people got the deal of a lifetime, paying sometimes 1/3 of my reserve) but according to Aaron, at first he claims he didn't realize the prices I gave him were reserves, he says he thought they were the prices I paid for them (even though it was a similar list as the first auction which he did my reserves in....and furthermore many of these items were leftover from the first auction which had the same reserves.....that mans he had to intentionally delete the reserve prices in the system). Then he claims the amount of lots was too voluminous to put all those reserves in...….which was never communicated to me. I have countless texts to support my need to be financially protected.....and got the "yeah don't worry" from him.

At the end of the day, I am assuming any bidder who "won" will get their items.....the only one screwed is me !!!