View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:03 AM
Alan Strout

Default 1983 World Series Baseballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Alan,

One more thing on the painted baseballs of the '83 Orioles WS Champs. Just an opinion, but I think when you get back home to Maine you should take individual photos of each ball and post in this thread. I'd really enjoy seeing each (and every) one shared for all to see (or at least for me to see). What do you think? A nice goal for the future?!?

Mark,

I'll be happy to do that this summer.
I'm a little slow in responding to Mark's request, but finally got pics of the baseballs. Over the next few days, I'll post pictures of each individual baseball.

Back in Post #118, I shared my collection of baseballs painted by artist Roberta Howard. I had her do the entire 1983 World Series roster. Each player is painted on an official AL baseball. I had her alternate with players in white and orange jerseys. With the cost of all the baseballs and her cost to paint them, I have about $30 in each baseball. A big investment back then, but I very happy with the results.

We will start with the Orioles pitching staff

Jim Palmer, Sammy Stewart, Dennis Martinez, Mike Boddicker, Storm Davis, Tim Stoddard, Tippy Martinez, Scott McGregor and Mike Flanagan

1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Jim Palmer).JPG 1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Sammy Stewart).jpg
1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Dennis Martinez).JPG 1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Mike Boddicker).JPG
1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Storm Davis).jpg 1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Tim Stoddard).jpg
1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Tippy Martinez).jpg 1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Scott McGregor).jpg
1984 Roberta Howard Hand Painted Baseball (Mike Flanagan).jpg