Thread: Satchel Paige
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
I think its a good buy at that price, but for me appeal is everything. If its an item for my personal collection i’m usually inclined to be patient and a bit more generous for the right one...

Love your motivation. There is a lot of history behind these items, and its important to pass that down.

Happy collecting!
+1 about appeal

The double sig would bother me to look at and then I would end up reselling it. But then the issue as a seller is finding a buyer who can stand to look at the double sig.

I bought a Hornsby cut auto and someone had erased autos around Hornsby (it was from a team signed sheet). Couldn't see that in pics online (I also didn't ask enough questions). I kept it cuz I wasn't sure how I would feel about it later. Well, it bothered me so much that I sold it a few years later for a Bill McKechnie to add to my Reds collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo