View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 06:01 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 205 (July 23, 2020 – 205)

The Hostess set was distributed in three card panels on the bottom of their snack cake boxes. Brooks shares the panel with past Reds and then current fellow Oriole Lee May (with an airbrushed cap) and the great Carlton Fisk the then Boston catcher.

Attachment 410604

I’m not sure why there’s a difference, but the Brooks Hostess can be found with a fairly clear picture, which I’ve attached, and one that’s a tad bury with a redness to his face. I’m not sure if it’s something about the print setting or what the deal is with this card; maybe you guys can chime in on the reason for the difference.

Attachment 410605
Attachment 410606

Ok; now I’ve pictured a proof of the 1975 Hostess panel. Notice any difference?

Attachment 410607
Mark,

I'm not a Hostess expert, but do love the cards. I remember a lot of Twinkies and Cupcakes in the house over the summer.

The cards were issued on a variety of different products, including individual cards on single serve products. While the difference between the box cards and individual cards is noticeable (different card stock), the difference in your cards could be the product they were printed on. In 1976, the cards also were printed in black or brown on the back.

The proof with Brooks Robinson is easy to answer. Lee May was originally going to be printed as with Houston Astros, but Hostess changed his card after the trade to the Orioles.

1975 Hostess Proof of Lee May

s-l1600.jpg