View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Howard Chasser

Thank you one and all for sharing the "18 cent find" with me - awesome to have a place where people "get it" and can be excited too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
Amazing story and great pickup! Was there any point in the negotiation you thought you wouldn't get it?
The whole week I was waiting for him to get back to me - I had approached it with a couple of options - buying the whole set outright or buying the 2 I was willing to offer really strong on and offering to broker the rest. There wasn't a lot of communication over that week - just a lot of waiting with me unsure of what was going on in the background. Felt pretty secure once I paid for them, then just sweated it out through the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post

As I recall, PSA grades complete Bazooka boxes. That might be something worthwhile to consider. Regardless, enjoy your cardboard cloud 9 high. --- Brian Powell
PSA and Bazooka boxes are like oil and water. They do grade them, but are so ridiculous in the way they grade them. I just sent in 5 nrmt uncirculated (never saw a store shelf) boxes from different years - they came back with grades from 3 to 5! It is not the first time and in my experience the rule rather than the exception. I think they must be deducting for the scoring of the cardboard by the flaps or something - just nuts! I expect these would probably come back as 1's -2's (MK because of the 18 cent price written on them) - all of that said, I will probably send them purely so they can be noted somewhere in the collecting history books.

Last edited by hcv123; 08-03-2020 at 07:39 PM.