View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 02:55 PM

Default USPS shipping increase?

Hmm, thanks for this information. I am troubled, because I actually prefer (and usually insist on) Boxed Priority shipping for my collectibles. The problems are twofold- the reasoning for the increase is weak/off point, and the comment above that business costs don't decrease once raised, rings VERY true.
For starters, having an increase in business doesn't equate to needing more money. Isn't the opposite true? If you have more business, revenue isn't the problem. Worker efficiency? Now that may be another story.
Regarding the increases being temporary, I'd take that bet against. Several years ago, when gasoline prices shot through the roof, the company that hauls my trash increased their monthly rate and explicitly said it was because of higher fuel costs. 4 years later, guess what? Gas costs have lowered but, mysteriously, the hauling prices remain the same. Go figure...
The short version is that this sounds like a chance to gouge customers who have stayed loyal, which is nice. Anyone remember when cell phone usage became prevalent in the very early 2000s? Pay phone companies saw the threat, and in my area responded...by DOUBLING the cost of pay phone calls. That was smart, it really worked out for them... Disappointing and manipulative.