View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:32 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Oh mate, Palm Cove is unbeliebably beautiful.....AND HOT.
I'm jealous, that's absolute G_d's country. Too many crocs these days up North so can't take the kids and let them run around, serious problem as these prehistoric monsters swim out to sea and then 16ft of chomp turns up in the shallows of the beach.

I'm a Melbourne boy but love Sydney too.
Probably end up back where I have most family and friends.
Good on ya. I have been very fortunate to have visited Sydney 4 times, including the 2000 Olympics where I rented a condo for a month near Darling Harbour, in Pyrmont. I have also visited Brisbane where I delivered an ebay purchase to someone. Probably a record for in person delivery of an ebay purchase. Went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mt Coot tha Botanical Gardens and got Cathy Freeman at a book signing. Farther up north I have been to Cairns, Kuranda and Port Douglas. I have snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef 3 times. They give you more freedom if you snorkel rather than scuba. It also helps if you can free dive a bit. One of the times I got stung by some blue bottles or the such, but it was like a mosquito bite, no big deal. I took my wife out there on our honeymoon. She was a bit scared of sharks and the such but said it was one of the greatest things she ever did. They were filming the Matthew McConaughey/Kate Hudson movie 'Fools Gold' while we were there though we did not see any of it. There is a scene in a tropical bar during the daytime that is a bar on the Esplanade in Palm Cove.

Next trip there I want to go to Sydney (wife wants to see Bondi, I prefer Manly), Red Centre to see Uluru, Melbourne and Palm Cove. Being an Olympic historian I want to see the MCG. I have a few million Hilton Honor points so it would only be the cost of flights.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”