View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 11:01 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Good on ya. I have been very fortunate to have visited Sydney 4 times, including the 2000 Olympics where I rented a condo for a month near Darling Harbour, in Pyrmont. I have also visited Brisbane where I delivered an ebay purchase to someone. Probably a record for in person delivery of an ebay purchase. Went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mt Coot tha Botanical Gardens and got Cathy Freeman at a book signing. Farther up north I have been to Cairns, Kuranda and Port Douglas. I have snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef 3 times. They give you more freedom if you snorkel rather than scuba. It also helps if you can free dive a bit. One of the times I got stung by some blue bottles or the such, but it was like a mosquito bite, no big deal. I took my wife out there on our honeymoon. She was a bit scared of sharks and the such but said it was one of the greatest things she ever did. They were filming the Matthew McConaughey/Kate Hudson movie 'Fools Gold' while we were there though we did not see any of it. There is a scene in a tropical bar during the daytime that is a bar on the Esplanade in Palm Cove.

Next trip there I want to go to Sydney (wife wants to see Bondi, I prefer Manly), Red Centre to see Uluru, Melbourne and Palm Cove. Being an Olympic historian I want to see the MCG. I have a few million Hilton Honor points so it would only be the cost of flights.
You've done it right mate. The thing I'll miss most about the US is the people, they've been so good to me wherever I've lived from NY to Chi town to KC. Everyone says to me they want to go to OZ one day, I always tell them not to wait.
Don't like to toot the horn but it's a beautiful country.
LOVE that you've taken real time, tbh it doesn't matter so much where you go in the world as long as you go. It's good for the soul.
Hit me up when you go next and I'll set you up with some food with my friends and will even take you to the MCG for a footy match...best time to be there. Holds a little over 100K people and the place pulses with the crowd noise. Goosebumps.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 09-04-2020 at 11:02 PM.