View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 12:46 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
You've done it right mate. The thing I'll miss most about the US is the people, they've been so good to me wherever I've lived from NY to Chi town to KC. Everyone says to me they want to go to OZ one day, I always tell them not to wait.
Don't like to toot the horn but it's a beautiful country.
LOVE that you've taken real time, tbh it doesn't matter so much where you go in the world as long as you go. It's good for the soul.
Hit me up when you go next and I'll set you up with some food with my friends and will even take you to the MCG for a footy match...best time to be there. Holds a little over 100K people and the place pulses with the crowd noise. Goosebumps.
Every time I mention going there people complain about the flight, 14 hours from LA to Sydney for those who don't know. My response is always think about where you are going, not the travel to get there. It is a 10 hour flight to Fiji, but who cares, it is a beatiful place and the people are very friendly. I hopped on the local bus one day and went to Latoka just to walk around as it is not a tourist destination. I visited the farmers market in a large open air building. Some of the local men selling fruit asked me to sit with them and drink kava. When in Rome as they say. It actually had no effect on me, but I enjoyed experiencing how locals live. I have always tried that in OZ. Definitely do the tourist stuff, but also try to experience how the natives live.

I will take you up on that if the timing is good. I would also like to have someone explain the rules of rugger and cricket to me. They can be fun to watch but understanding would help. The same goes for (team) handball which I watch on tv whenever I am in Europe.

A few photos from down under.

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Aus-1a.jpg

Top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Aus-2a.jpg

My wife did not understand how easy it is to pet a kangaroo and scratch them behind the ears when it is 95º+ outside but she loved it.
aus-3a.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 09-05-2020 at 01:00 AM.