View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:59 AM
+0m J()rd@N

I don't think anyone expects perfection, especially in a business that is assigns a numerical grade to a piece of paper and then renders an opinion on whether it has been materially changed since its first issuance.

As far as grading, that is a subjective matter entirely and perfection does not exist in that realm. What we hope for is a clear set of rules on which a grade will be assigned, an honest effort and that the grade is not dependent on the submitter.

As far as alteration/reprint detection, I believe most people are looking for competence and fairness, not perfection.

Seems to me that the majority of complaints directed towards PSA are about incompetence in being able to detect alterations and favored service to a small group of submitters, either by turning a blind eye to readily apparent alterations or relaxing the grading criteria.

Neither of these complaints have anything to do with perfection.

Tom Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Anyone expecting perfection is an absolute idiot. Perfection should be what the companies strive for but any one expecting absolute perfection is even dumber than some of their posts make them look. As for that parkhirst it is a terrible grade if it looks like that in hand I agree the scan looks off as far as manipulation. But I will also 100% guarantee they would buy that card back if that’s what it looks like so what’s the damn issue. Mark will complain about PSA no matter what. It’s like a broken record. The thread could be about where are you going eat after the show tonight and he’ll comment with something about how bad PSA sucks. Frankly the broken record thing is tiresome.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)