View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 03:39 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Dale, this gentleman is a brand new poster. Honestly, he may not have the foggiest notion of how to do his homework. He will probably need a lot of help, beginning to end. The first auction house I thought of which I feel would be the kindest and fairest to him is Love of the Game Auctions.

And so, 8thEastVB, my advice is to contact the president of LOVE OF THE GAME AUCTIONS, Mr. Al Crisafulli. His company email is info@loveofthegameauctions.com. The phone number is (845)750-6366. Being from New York, I'm certain they are on EST.

Al himself has been a collector for over 30 years, and has been running his auction house for over 10 years. I have won one of their items before, and they were very professional. The item was precisely as described and shown. Their fees are fair.

Furthermore, 8thEastVB, nobody asked me to recommend them to you. As a senior, I appreciate good, honest guidance. So, here you are, bro. I too wish you the best. -- Brian Powell
Hi all. There are many people on this board with much more experience than myself, but I just wanted to second Brian's recommendation of Love of the Game (if you choose to go the auction house route). I got a little nervous a few months back, getting laid off when COVID hit - I got worried the economy would take a hit and I may have more need of cash vs. cards. I got in touch with Al and consigned approx. 100 cards with his auction. Great experience and very professional.

Granted, all my cards were graded vs. raw - but I'm sure they can handle or assist with a recommendation of what cards should be graded and the grading process.

Just as an aside, I was very happy with the auction house choice vs. ebay. With all the new collectors/investors, there seems to be a dramatic increase in non-paying bidders, returns (for multiple reasons), shill bidding, scams, etc. That stuff can drive you crazy! Auction houses take on all that risk. My second choice would have been the BST (Buy/Sell/Trade) section on this and a few other message boards.

Like Brian said, I am in no way affiliated with LOTG, just letting you know of a good experience I had.

Good luck and feel free to post any questions to this thread. The amount of knowledge on this board can be invaluable.

Scott