View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 02:10 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 283 (October 9, 2020 – 283)

In Baltimore they were getting ready for the 1970 World Series. It wouldn’t be till the third game of the Series to be played at Memorial Stadium. This is one of the directional signs that was used to lead the fans to the stadium.

1970 World Series cardboard directional sign.

Day 283 a 1970 Sign.jpg

October 9th the day prior to the start of the 1970 World Series between the Baltimore Orioles and the Cincinnati Reds. The Reds took the National League East by 14 ˝ games and the Orioles won the American League East by 15 games.

Sparky Anderson said, “Our scouting report is that Baltimore is the best defensive club in baseball, has the best front line pitching in the game and is third or fourth best offensive team.”

Man, you don’t know how excited I was, and nervous too, since my Orioles lost to the Mets in ’69. The Orioles were once again playing in the World Series.

UPI Telephoto, taken on 10/9/70, of Brooks putting on his glove in the Riverfront Stadium dressing room before a workout there.

Day 283 b.jpg
Day 283 c.jpg

I like what Pete Rose said about getting to play the Baltimore Orioles in the World Series, “Heck, I’m so excited about playing these Big Bad Birds that I’d go out there naked.”

This is the Orioles program for the 1970 World Series

Day 283 d Publication 1970 Orioles World Series Program 1.jpg