View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 07:09 AM
Alan Strout

Default Morton Tadder

I saw yesterday that the Orioles announced the passing of long time team photographer, Mort Tadder. Tadder served as the Orioles photographer for over 40 years. He is also known for his photos of US Presidents, the Beatles and just about anything related to the Baltimore area. A single post certainly can't do justice to all of Tadder's accomplishments.

I doubt anyone, even the smallest Orioles or Brooks Robinson collector, doesn't have some of Mort Tadder's work in their collection. He did B&W and color photos, team photos, head shots, action shots, front office personnel, celebrations, award presentations and just about anything that involved the Orioles. I know I must have 2500-3000 of his photos in my collection, not including the team issued postcards, which also used his photos.

We've seen many of his photos in previous posts. My favorites are the individual player 8x10 headshots available directly from the Orioles until 1999. His work included HOFers to the most obscure players. I can't pick a favorite photo, but here are a few examples of different types.

Team Photos

1963 Team Photo (Morton Tadder)11x14.jpg 1978 Team Photo (Morton Tadder) 8x10.jpg

Publicity Photos

1982 Tadder 2.jpg

Headshots Photos

Robinson, Frank 1.jpg Gilliford, Paul 1.jpg

SCAN7737.JPG

Team Issued Postcards

1962 Postcards 06.jpg 197374 Postcards 02.jpg