View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 07:56 AM
J0hn Collin$

Sorry to hear of your situation. I've been in similar ones with eBay, and they can be agonizing.

Besides the main point perhaps, but I would disagree that Beckett slabs are the "most durable." They are the thickest, yes. But once you compromise the corners and/or the seal, they start to chip quite easily. The plastic they are made of is not bulletproof by a long shot. If not protected properly, the corners on a Beckett slab could chip quickly during shipment, I would think.

On the overall here, this is why I really shy away from selling on eBay anymore. You can mark "no returns" all you like all over your listing, but their notoriety for favoring the buyer at this point is well established. I sell in FB groups or places like the B/S/T here, and perhaps it's still not great, but if you only have to deal with Paypal G&S terms in a dispute - it's at least easier. I would also agree with what has already been said - don't leave cash from a sale like that just sitting in your PP account - although you have to have a credit card on file and if they decide to resolve something not in your favor - I suppose per the fine print they have the right to ding you that way as well.

Last edited by jchcollins; 11-17-2020 at 01:54 PM.