View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 05:40 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
It's hard to get a read on this board. Now that everything is expensive and your collection is worth more than ever before, there is thread after thread about a bubble and what's real and what's not and all this bickering about where prices will be.....and this is at a time when your collection is worth the most.

Every year in between there is the dread thread where everyone laments how prices have crashed and what's real and what's not and all the bickering about where prices will be.

When will you guys enjoy something?

I think it’s more that prices spiked so quickly since April. Just doesn’t feel right. Usually it’s a slow and steady climb. Also lots of members on this board buy for our collections and not just for investments so we sit and wait for the right card to pop up since it’s not to going to be flipped but probably be with us for years and years. So when some of the cards on my ‘watch list’ suddenly tripled in price in 4 short months, yes it’s a bit upsetting. As I mentioned before, a few cards that I had been watching and had been relatively stable for a year or so are now out of my price range. Yes, it’s great my collection is now worth more, but since I have no plans on selling right now, it’s just numbers on a computer screen. I enjoy buying way more than selling.