View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I think it’s more that prices spiked so quickly since April. Just doesn’t feel right. Usually it’s a slow and steady climb. Also lots of members on this board buy for our collections and not just for investments so we sit and wait for the right card to pop up since it’s not to going to be flipped but probably be with us for years and years. So when some of the cards on my ‘watch list’ suddenly tripled in price in 4 short months, yes it’s a bit upsetting. As I mentioned before, a few cards that I had been watching and had been relatively stable for a year or so are now out of my price range. Yes, it’s great my collection is now worth more, but since I have no plans on selling right now, it’s just numbers on a computer screen. I enjoy buying way more than selling.

My point is there is never a right time for people looking for the right time. The cards you're talking about spiking could have been picked up in years past I'm sure but at the time you thought the price was wrong. Fast forward to the future, the price is still wrong.

So I'll just repeat my montra one more time: buy what you want when you can afford it.