View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:24 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default USPS bogging down again

Here is my wacky USPS story for the day:

I had a modern auto PSA 10, nothing super high end but not dirt cheap either - that I had bought on eBay before Thanksgiving, 11/23. That same day the seller printed the label, my tracking number popped, and then the card went on radio silence. The week after, I reached out to the seller to see if he had actually mailed the card, due to the fact that all I could tell from the tracking label was that it had been printed. He said he dropped it off with the PO in Georgia the same day he printed the label. Card should have been here like 12/1 right? Or even sooner, I'm in NC. Nothing for more than a solid week in terms of tracking updates. I was preparing to open an eBay case this morning, when the tracking number suddenly updated to say it was out for delivery in my zip code. And indeed it was delivered a few hours later, the card is now sitting next to my laptop as I write this. Weirdness though, no other tracking hits. It still only shows that the label was printed, and then that it was delivered. No record of leaving a post office, or getting to the regional hub in Greensboro, NC (which all of our mail goes through...)

The holidays are indeed a weird time to play with the physical mail aspect of the hobby...

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-07-2020 at 10:59 AM.