View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Go to keyman collectibles site. It look like that is where they got date from. I do not agree 100% with them (JMHO) BUT I believe that PSA also uses the same formula to calculate game dates.
I have really tried to stay with dated stubs but they make quests like yours even more difficult. I have a group of Shea stadium yankee stubs around someplace I will look and see if any are Catfish games. And I agree Catfish Hunter was a Great pitcher good luck with your mighty task.
Jonathan
Keyman is definitely the place to go for the best opinion, but when tickets don't have dates on them it's impossible to be 100% sure.

Keyman has reached out to me to tell me that I have dated tickets incorrectly, and while I appreciate the thought involved to do so, and I'm sure that they are correct about the vast majority (if not all) of their projected dates, when I buy a scrap book that has programs, tickets, press clippings and lots of hand written notes by the owner who went to, and kept score at, all of the games involved, I am going to take his notes as being correct.

Was ticket #56 supposed to be used for the July 7th game? I'm sure it was, but did they let my scrapbook guy into the game with Dan and Sally using ticket #34? If it's a valid previously unused ticket, I'm thinking maybe they did.

Short version of my "rant" - if you want to get a ticket for a specific game and be sure it's for that game, get a dated ticket. Option #2 find one that is attached to a scored program. Option #3 find an undated one that matches the original schedule (prior to rainouts, etc.)