View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 11:03 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I used Baseball Reference and counted the games, which I guess in some cases can be wrong if there are, as you said, rainouts etc. I did, however, go on to google and looked for photos of Yankee 1975 tickets, and found one that was the game 47/48 doubleheader which was also stamped with the date of July 27th. Using that ticket and game numbers, I was able to count back using baseball reference and count forward to find both of the tickets in question as being the right date...as I write this, I just checked and they also had a couple of dated tickets for games 30 and 72, so they look legit. With all that said, it's definitely not an easy process. I know I'm going to have a similar problem with some of Cat's Oakland tickets. Sometimes the attendance was so small that the general admission tickets had hand written dates and seat numbers. Guess those are taken with a bit of faith.
When I started collecting scored programs, I shortly after that started to collect the Sporting News, because I could use the box scores printed every week to date the games. This was before the internet and Retrosheet (which is where BR gets it info from).

If I were you I would start collecting team schedules, or press guides, or TSN guides, or similar, with schedules for the upcoming season.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 12-17-2020 at 11:03 PM.