View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Have no comment on the eBay listings as I never saw them prior to you pulling your account. However, if you're concerned about your reputation as a dealer I would be more worried about damage control than hostilely threatening potential customers with legal disputes.

If I understand correctly, you are admitting to have sold at least 2 fakes, is that right? Wouldn't a better approach to clearing your name be to address that and explain that they were mere outliers instead of threatening lawsuits?

Something like

"Hello, you are correct that I recently listed a few items that were deemed not authentic. This was simply an accident that comes with the territory when you deal with vintage raw cards. I have made the buyer whole and will go to great lengths to make sure something like this never happens again. My reputation is very important to me and I have a long solid track record of transactions over the last 15 years. I hope the members of this forum realize my honesty and won't be reluctant to deal with me in the future."

would seem to go over a lot better than lashing out. I understand the frustration you have with sales being pulled on ebay due to this thread. Again, I never saw any of your cards so you may have a very legitimate reason to be upset. That being said I think you'd be better off by being a little less combative.