View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 05:05 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default PayPal hold on funds?

I’m hoping some seasoned sellers might be able to help me figure out why PayPal would have put a hold on funds paid to me via eBay for a transaction recently completed.

The buyer (great guy, also a Net54 man) and I had a terrific transaction, he made a BIN offer on e-bay, I accepted and all seemed fine.

I packaged the item and added a tracking number into the eBay system but it’s still showing funds held, not available.

I found some general policy statements on PayPal suggesting some possibilities for wire the funds may be on hold for 21 days. 21 days??!

I also checked eBay and it shows nothing there in messages suggesting that eBay was putting a hold on the funds or transaction. In fact, it redirected me back to PayPal.

Anyone have any idea what might have triggered this hold? I’m a very infrequent seller on eBay but I have sold several items over the last month or so. My ratings as well as the buyer are both very good, 100%.

Thx for the forensics here... it’s all a mystery and, of course no luck reaching an actual human being at PayPal

Jeff