View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:38 AM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I don't have a horse in this race, but OMFG!!! That is some serious ass Photoshop bullsh*t!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
It also could be scanner settings, not an intentional fix in photoshop. I know I bought a card from Dean's Cards via COMC that mentioned "crease" but wasn't visible in the scan. Bought it and the crease was huge; no funny business, just an unintentionally bad scan. Got a full refund with no problems.

Remember sometimes scanners omit the 1 in "150" on the back of T206 cards. That's not manipulation of the photo in photoshop either, just unintentionally bad scanner settings.

In this case, Heritage should definitely provide better scans since the OP has asked. Sounds like something the consignor would be disappointed to hear is not occurring.
I can't jump to the conclusion of shenanigans, notably because I agree with the scanner settings assertion. Looking at the ridges of the slab that are on the sides and top of this example in the fine work in the post by JollyElm, it really drives it home how the light from the two scanners is so different.
That said, there's no excuse for a big auction house not to get scanner settings correct to give a very accurate image of every card.

Last edited by AGuinness; 01-22-2021 at 10:39 AM.