View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:06 PM
Chuck Whisman

Thanks for sharing Leon, as this has been a wonderful experience, especially learning and sharing the story of Uncle Jimmy and getting to know and help 2 awesome generations of his family. I often tell younger business professionals that "the day you realize you have a lot to learn is the day you start learning a lot". For me, one of the biggest lessons learned through this process has been the magic of getting to understand the collector behind the collection. I was able to help collectors with a handful of new consignments this weekend, and the stories behind most of the collections were inspiring - so I found myself trying to learn more about the person behind each collection (sometimes a parent or family member of the consignor): the dad who searched for high-condition Mantle single signed baseballs, the daughter who shared the story of her mom putting together sets from the 1950s, the life-long Jeter fan who is selling his Jeter collection to help his family, the collector's wife who invested in a few high-graded Jordan rookies, and a retired collector who shared the story of buying his sets from the old neighborhood collector when he was a kid ...

... and to those of you who will be bidding in the Final Uncle Jimmy Auction tonight - GOOD LUCK and BID LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! Let's keep breaking new records in our industry so each of your collections is worth more!!!! https://www.wheatlandauctionservices.com/catalog.aspx