View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 07:07 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
So although authentic.....the only thing I have identified as valuable are the two pages I want to get encapsulated.

There are a few names that I recognize, so I would assume I would pay for those names, but the rest I’m not sure. They are not recognize able to me, but in the grand scheme of things, possibly they are rare? Is there a list of names, or is that something I would have to get in contact with the TPA?
If they really are team signed pages mixed with high school friends, I would probably change my mind and remove the pages.

Yes, the PSA/DNA website, or JSA website, has a list of names including prices to authenticate.

Take a picture of each page you want to authenticate, and create a new thread under the Autos genre, and title it "who are these signatures?" You will be shocked at the level of knowledge on this board, as other members will help you identify signatures. Some members on this site might even tell you if they are authentic.

That might change your mind whether you need to pay for authentication and encapsulation. Doug Goodman, the other member who commented hates the idea of encapsulation and tells people to keep objects free. I suppose if you want to eventually sell them it might be worth it. But if you are wanting to keep them, then placing them in a top loader might be a better answer. You can also pay for authentication without encapsulation. That's always what I do, because then I can frame the autos without the burden of that stupid plastic thing. Instead, the TPA will place a sticker on the bottom corner or back of the auto, or give a letter of authentication if you pay for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo