View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Al

Default Open for Bidding - Love of the Game Spring, 2021 Auction

Hi everyone:

Just a quick note to let you all know that the LOTG Spring, 2021 auction is open for bidding. The closing date is Saturday, April 3.

I'm really happy with this auction, as packs quite a punch - it's got a fantastic selection of important cards grouped together at the front, including some really special prewar cards.

The auction is highlighted by a 1925 Exhibits Lou Gehrig rookie card. It's graded PSA VG 3, but when you look at the card, the eye appeal is off the charts.

There's also a great 1907 Dietsche Postcards Ty Cobb "Fielding" card - one of his rookie cards.

Probably my favorite item in the auction is an N173 Hoss Radbourn "Obscene Gesture" pose. This is a really tough cabinet - I'm not sure that I've ever actually seen an N173 of this. It's obviously one of the more famous poses in 19th Century cards, and with the explosion in prices of sports cards lately, I can't help but be drawn to something that's really rare. To me, the fact that it's trimmed and not in a slab make it even better, in a way.

The opening section includes what we're calling our "Great Cards" section - 40 or so cards that are truly special, issued from the late 19th Century to the present. But we've also got our typical selection of stuff you don't see every day, including memorabilia, a large selection of yearbooks, game-worn items, advertising display material, and, of course, cards. There's also a wonderful painting of Branch Rickey by our friend Graig Kreindler.

Good luck bidding! If you're so inclined, you can check out the auction here.