View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:12 PM
Ken Marks

Default 1962 Jell-O Romano

The two Romano cards do seem to be the same to me. Will say I have looked at a lot of cards in this set trying to find players who appeared on two or more different flavor boxes. And for the 1962 Jell-O issue, it is much tougher to determine this than doing it for the Post Cereal cards ... and really the 63 Jell-O cards also. Normally in making this determination, one compares the cropping of the picture, colors of the card (including the shade of the yellow of the stat background) of these Jell-O cards. Some other Post/Jell-O card issues have differences in the narrative portion of the card that indicates multiple box appearances by a player. However for the 62 Jell-Os cards, I am not aware of any of these narrative differences. And that is about all you have beyond the shininess of the overall card coming from cards from pudding flavors. One of the factors that increases difficulty in looking at these Jell-O cards is certainly that the picture cropping is much tougher to spot than in other card promotions. Cropping differences in this set tend to be pretty minimal. Since there is no historical information on which players were on which flavor boxes, that only makes things tougher.

Related to Romano card specifically, he did appear on at least two different Jell-O boxes ... a 3 oz. Orange-Pineapple box and a 6 oz. Black Cherry box. This is known as there are examples in the hobby of these two Romano boxes that have been seen, primarily on eBay or other auctions.