View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 08:47 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutton Chop Yaz View Post
Three post-war (50s and 60s) cards in older PSA holders. I planned to cross them over because I prefer the SGC holder, think they're more consistent at grading vintage and pre-war, and simply think they run a better operation than PSA. I sent them in expecting grade reductions and picked minimum grades that I thought left plenty of room (up to a full grade lower). One came back .5 lower and the other two didn't meet the minimum standard. I should have sent them in for any numerical grade, which is what I'll likely do now.
I think this has to do with age of the grade. its a myth that any of the big 3 have 'tougher' standards. the fact is, 5 years ago everyone was grading on a looser scale. So if you cross an old PSA graded card to SGC (or an old SGC graded card to PSA) you are going to take a hit. this would not be a problem if everyone was 'buying the card' - the numerical grade should not matter.... but unfortunately, sellers are able to sell overgraded cards at their slabbed grade price. Not enough buyers are forcing their hands at the moment.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236