View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Are you arguing against yourself or just a hypocrite? Texas is excused because the weather caused its power problems. California is a failed state because of its rolling blackouts ... caused by the heat (i.e., weather).

I do see that one of your solutions is for each of the approximate 10 million households in Texas to have their own generator. [You must have stocks in generator companies ] So, where do the folks who live in apartments put their generators? If you rent a house, I guess you just lug your generator with you whenever you move? How do people power their generators when the fuel supply is limited because of the crisis causing their use? Keep in mind that one of the main problems during the freeze was reduced natural gas supply because of frozen equipment.

I see that another one of your solutions is for people to leave Texas. Is that what you do when you're not happy with your state government or even the federal government. You simply pack your bags and leave? Are you asking the people who stormed the capital in January why they don't just leave the country?

Go back and read earlier posts. In 1989 after power blackouts in Texas it was recommended that companies winterize their equipment. They didn't. In 2011 after power blackouts in Texas it was recommended that companies winterize their equipment. They didn't.
My point about the weather is that it isn't controlled by the state....not hard to figure that out. Neither TX or CA has anything to do with the weather.

Your issue with the power companies in TX was a 1 or 2 times historical event. I honestly do not live there or know enough about what the state did or didn't do. Rolling black outs seem to happen a lot in CA....reinforcing my point with one example as to why CA is a mess in comparison to TX.

I didn't say leave the state forever...did I? Residents who did not have generators or another source of heat could have left for a period of time and then come back. Just one solution that a portion of the population could have considered. My future son in law, from OH, happens to be stationed at a base in TX. His barracks were not heated or insulated so he put on more clothes Trying to deflect the conversation to the capitol march does nothing for your argument...but nice try

Another solution would be to purchase or already have a generator. Compared to losing thousands of $'s worth of venison and fish in multiple freezers, in my case, the cost of a generator is minor. For anyone who has a generator, I promise you, the vast majority have enough fuel stored to get through many days without power. It doesn't make any sense to have a gen w/out fuel now does it?

My entire point has always been that the state of TX has things figured out. Allowing full attendance at sporting events is a step forward and the correct call. You changing the narrative to a single weather event is a stretch.

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan