View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 02:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
With restaurants, bars, hotels, salons, theatres and retail establishments being crippled here (and going out of business at alarming rates), you have to wonder at some point whether the lockdowns are even beneficial. The survival rate of this virus is 99.97%...

Seems like wiping out people's businesses, life savings and ability to even visit family and loved ones is more detrimental than the alternative. Not to mention the millions of kids missing school and the increasing suicide rates. The free states are currently no worse off than "lockdown states", with regard to the spread, so perhaps living in fear is not the best alternative.
There needs to be somewhere between fear and all out opening of everything. I got my first vaccine shot yesterday. I will still wear a mask in social places and try to keep my distance. I wouldn't advocate lockdowns or 100 percent openings right now. Somewhere in the middle...maybe 70% open? I just don't feel like we are completely out of the woods yet. All just my personal opinion. If everyone stays civil it's an ok debate.