View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 02:15 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default Fun Local Lot Buy - 1955 Bowman

Was able to pick up a nice 1955 Bowman lot this evening...206 of 320 cards, no dupes with the majority needed are high #'s. Almost all the stars are in there, from the Mick to Aaron to Ford...Hoyt to Rizzuto...Minoso Mays to Matthews...a really cool start to completing the set.

There is a catch...about 30% of the set has the players uniform numbers written on the front of the card! Almost no creases in the lot, soft corners and decent centering throughout...i'd say VG to VGEX with a few worse, a few better. Got the lot off the second owner...the entire lot originally belonged to a guy who pulled them from their packs. As a kid he took the time to record all the numbers...haha. I think it's cool to have all these together and will finish the set in VGEX'ish condition to match and upgrade a bit.

Anyhow...thought I'd share as this is a pretty unique buy for me. I have pretty strict standards for my 57 and up sets...and they get a little lax 56 down...so this set is a little lower than usual standards with all the ink, but I'm not going to lie...knowing a kid 65 years ago put his mark on these cards has a special allure, cool to keep these all together! Only paid $500 for the entire lot, I could probably sell the Mantle as is for close to that...so stoked for the deal I got. Thought I would share!

Anyone got some extra VG to VGEX high numbers laying around??

Here are some of the stars with their numbers recorded!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03