View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 04:40 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Out of curiosity looking at what is for sale on ebay, and what has sold, I think you are really close at $2K. Maybe a couple hundred over. I wouldn't budge under $1800 for sure, and would be patient at $2K to be honest, especially with the obvious work you've done putting this together and your passion for the set. Several have sold right around there in similar condition.

That said, I think the problem is the fact sort of mentioned here that most don't see the same passion with this set. Personally, as a set collector, I just don't find the appeal. Outside of the SP card, none really have anything that sets them apart...kind of like the Beatles cards or issues of that nature. I can appreciate that these are cards of one of the greatest and actually during his playing days...all the pictures out of uniform and the fact they are ALL Ted cards really turns me off a bit, and I think I am not alone.

But again, there is a buyer for everything and if your patient that buyer will be there like the other sets that have sold. Marking it down to $1000 just to blow it out would not be wise. To me this would be a set you build, and keep...or understand it's just going to take a while to sell based on the limited base of collectors. Good luck with it!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03