View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 10:00 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
There are myriad DD boards. Only a specific version has the cards. Beyond that I won't say since I am chasing one perpetually.

Every card that is a prize will be in an intact board because the guaranteed payout is the attraction of the device.

As for value, the ones without the cards are of minimal value. One with the cards, well into four figures if the seller knows it or two bidders figure it out.
So is it just the one 1940 punchcard version listed in the SCD catalogs that had the cards, or are there others, but you aren't going to share the info because you are looking for these cards for yourself? If so, no problem, I get it.

Because of the dimensions of these cards and their being printed on ribbed paper, I imagine the giveaway to possibly finding a Diamond Dust punchboard with the actual paper cards still in it is to find one that is at least 1" thick then, if not even really a little thicker than that. Since the cards are about 1" wide and never been seen with a fold mark on them running perpendicular to the horizontal ribs in the paper used to make them, the cards could have only been inserted into a punch hole that was at least 1" deep. Thus the need for the Diamond Dust punchboard to be at least 1" thick then to have any chance of containing the actual cards. I've seen Diamond Dust punchboards over the years, but never one that I remember being quite that thick. Which just supports the fact that these cards and punchboards are very rare.

Thanks Adam and good luck in your collection of these Diamond Dust cards.

Last edited by BobC; 06-16-2021 at 10:04 PM.