View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 09:50 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
CK - 1933 Goudey is an awesome set. In my opinion, it is a top 3 set (along with t206 and 1952 topps (1914 CJ with honorable mention)). If you are 6 cards away from completing the set, and you are financially able to get the 4 Ruths and 2 Gehrig, you do it!! Forget value increase or not. Get you a complete 33 Goudey set.

But about you query: the 4 Ruths and 2 Gehrigs will absolutely hold value, and likely increase. Because they are great investments in themselves, I don’t see how buying them could be bad for the set’s value. Get those 6 cards and don’t look back
Thank you for the reply!

I should also add, though I lurk more than I post on this forum, this set was built mainly through acquisitions made here at Net54. I contribute the credit for majority of the set to a few good sellers here and a bit of luck in my favor.

Though acquiring the cards will be a tough pill to swallow financially, I am concerned with short term value as I know once the set is as complete as I’d like it to be, I will likely choose to move onto another pursuit. I wish I was able to hold everything but I know that I just can’t tie up that kind of resources.

So, a redirect to anyone else who may be reading, should I go “all in” to acquire the remaining pieces and feel confident that I made the sum of the whole greater than the individual parts of this set? Keep in mind, we are talking 6 cards that will cost the equivalent of a small SUV.

CK