View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
So who IS going to decide? You? Mark? I can, however, tell you who decided when slavery was legal. I can tell you who decided when Native Americans were being marched into oblivion. I can guess that a poll of Germans in 1946 would have shown overwhelming support for keeping the Swastika as the country's symbol. If things swing a little too far in the direction of trying to correct America's long and sordid history of oppression of minorities of all kinds, that seems a small price to pay in the ledger of atonement. I suspect, though, that many of the objectors have no interest in atonement of any kind, and probably little awareness that there is anything to atone for.
That's right. I will decide and every other person with a brain should too. Too many sheep in this country afraid to think on their own. But I think that will change soon. A lot of good people of all races are getting tired of the lunacy.

PS...The world decided slavery was legal. And slaves were acquired from black brokers in Africa. So what exactly are you implying? I leave that rhetorical, as Mark said, there's a place for this conversation but it's probably not here.