View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 09:26 AM

My two cents from someone with almost 450 different World Series tickets who is tying to put together a guide of not only pricing, but understanding of the tickets themselves.

I don't think there is any definitive evidence anywhere that this is from a World Series game. I don't trust anything that has been sold previously by Legendary Auctions, so if that is the only previous image of this ticket, I would be skeptical based on this one previous sale alone. I would have to look at differences in tickets from that year, but wonder if this was a type of coupon used to exchange for a ticket? There is no indication of an opponent, a seat number or what this is for. It also has indication saying 'when in use good for any game this season'.

It may very well have been used for a world series, but without definitive proof of this (maybe having it in a program or with a photo of the World Series) from a truly reliable source, this is all guesswork and speculation. Sorry to be so negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Rhys,
How's it going? I hope to see you at the National...
I'm in agreement that your ticket is not from a regular season game. The ticket price is certainly too high for 1906.
Word Series, Game 1 at CWS? Very likely, IMHO