View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 08:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
I had no idea of the Lincoln school being renamed until I saw something in this thread. That’s something I’d like to read up on as well as much deeper into these guys the forts were named after.

As someone who was stationed at Ft Bragg for 3.5 years (including 15 months deployed), nobody knew who the hell he was nor did anybody care.

It would be more of a pain in the ass than anything to go about changing the name, but I don’t feel like they deserve a fort named after them. With that said, I do believe hardly anybody knows who these guys are anyway so it probably doesn’t matter anyway. Save the taxpayers some money.

Maybe someday people from all ends of the spectrum will stop getting outraged because some talking heads said to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 1984, recall that one of the government's most powerful weapons was simply purging and changing history. I think it's critical to learn from the past and to acknowledge its injustices, but I don't think wiping out the names on schools and dorms and forts and cities and tearinig down statues is the way to do it generally speaking. I agree there might be some really outrageous example where I would agree with it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.