View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 12:25 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
I couldn't disagree more strongly with this. It's a scientific fact that people's minds and bodies shut down in response to high stress situations (i.e. police interactions). Requiring compliance on the first order - especially since police orders are often shouted from multiple directions and conflict with each other - is a completely unrealistic, ridiculous standard. Have you ever said "what?" in response to a question or instruction from your spouse/significant other? Yes? Now imagine that in a police interaction - under your idea, the police would be justified in killing you. "Show me your license and registration" "what?" *BLAM*. C'mon.
There is a difference between a request such as, "Show me your license and registration...BLAM" and "put the f'ing gun down...BLAM" Most will get that, but apparently not all.

Edited to add: Jacob Blake is a good example of what I am referring to. Why did it take so many commands until the officer finally shot? Personally, I think that officer needs to spend more time training on the pistol range. How do you squeeze off 4 shots and not get one kill shot?

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 07-26-2021 at 12:30 PM.