View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 03:34 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Hank, I don't believe you will find boxes with the corrections, but I wish you luck. In addition to the Twins, there were a handful of players with team changes found only as perforated cards, and some bio info was changed on a few cards in perforated only form. Also, both Estrada and Stobbs were issued on the team sheets only--Stobbs as a Minnesota Twin. So you if you find any of these other changes on boxes or panels, please let us know, as that would be evidence that maybe all changes eventually made it to the grocery stores.
If you've already checked enough to satisfy yourself there was only one printing of the cereal boxes, that's good enough for me. That would leave all the variations (something like 357 in a set with all those, right?) coming in the team sheets, which would have been much easier to change almost real time as they were being printed according to the orders coming in. So there were 160 cereal box cards, 40 that were only available in company cards, and 157 variations in the company cards. What an interesting set!