View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:20 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53toppscollector View Post
I think this was clearly a case of ebay knowing that PWCC was about to launch their own auction site, so they wanted to put a black mark on them before they completely got all the way out the door.

I've bought from PWCC before, I've gotten great deals, and I've also had auctions where it felt like I got screwed. That always seemed like the cost of doing business.

To think that ebay just found info about PWCC shill bidding is hilarious though. They clearly know that PWCC and probstein auctions are big targets for shill bidding and other shenanigans. I think the timing of it was just to take a final shot at PWCC before they packed up their things and left.
And could it also be to possibly reduce/eliminate any potential blowback on Ebay? If something ever did go down on PWCC, and despite all evidence, Ebay never did anything about it, could they be brought into repurcussions and potential liability by never having acted on what they should have seen/known? By Ebay doing what they are doing now, could this be a partial CYA on their part in regards to PWCC? If nothing else, it doesn't put PWCC in a good light for a lot more people than already didn't like/trust them. Not to mention, this move by Ebay will likely put at least a temporary financial squeeze on PWCC, at least until they can get whatever new platform/program they were going to be starting up or moving to fully functioning and operating at least close to 100%.