View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Now, ebay has removed the card I won, a 1952 Topps Warren Spahn, from my account.

So it looks like if you have won an item from PWCC this month, and have not yet paid for it, ebay is cancelling it.

Steve
That kind of sucks! I guess they figure since they booted PWCC they don't want to potentially be on the hook if you pay them and they don't follow through and send you the card. What could Ebay do to PWCC in that case?

So I wonder what happens to people that did pay and haven't gotten their cards yet?

Also, what is to stop someone who just got a card from PWCC filing with Ebay to say they never got it? Not like PWCC will be cooperating with Ebay anytime soon now. Will Ebay step up and honor those alleged non-received cards? Can't see PWCC ignoring a customer who actually didn't receive a card, but under the circumstances can see someone making a false claim of non-receipt against PWCC as well. Don't think Ebay or PWCC want to tick off any customers any more than they already have given the circumstances.

Don't know, but was PWCC already using Ebay's managed payment program, or had they not switched yet? Can imagine Ebay trying to freeze their funds as long as possible to mitigate any such claims. This could be interesting as well.

Last edited by BobC; 08-17-2021 at 08:42 PM.