View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 08:07 AM
Larry More.y

From PWCC's site:

PWCC MARKETPLACE/EBAY UPDATE
PWCC Marketplace/eBay Update
We will no longer be selling through eBay and all PWCC listings will be removed from eBay immediately. Premier Auction listings will be unaffected as they are listed on the PWCC platform and the August Premier Auction will close on August 21st. The September Premier Auction is still scheduled to start on September 1st. To read our official statement click here.

What is the update on PWCC and eBay and what's impacted?
We will no longer be selling through eBay and all PWCC listings will be removed from eBay. Premier Auction listings will be unaffected and the August Premier Auction will close on August 21st. The September Premier Auction is still scheduled to start on September 1st.

What is PWCC's stance on shill bidding?
Shill bidding is a bid placed without the intention to honor it - regardless of who placed the bid. As outlined in our Marketplace Tenets PWCC has clear rules that no one may place a bid unless that bid is intended to win the item - not consignors, friends of consignors, people who own other versions of the card, etc. PWCC has never engaged in nor condoned the practice of shill bidding or manipulating the card market. PWCC is proud of the work we do to ensure a trusted marketplace and vehemently deny eBay's claims regarding shill bidding.

Can I still sell my cards with PWCC?
Since March, our team of developers has been focused on building and improving the Premier Auction experience which is currently live and has always been independent of eBay.

Sales through PWCCMarketplace.com will be the foundation for the future Monthly Auction, Flash Auction, and Fixed Price Marketplace. The initial design of these marketplaces is in place, and we’re committed to make them the most user-friendly and trusted tools in the industry. Although this platform shift happened sooner than we planned, we are excited to relaunch the marketplaces on our own website soon.

Currently, PWCC currently conducts Premier Auction each month for cards with a market value over $25,000 and we can always look to help you find a buyer privately.

I have cards up for bid in the August Monthly Auction. What will happen to my cards?
All cards that have sold in the August Monthly Auction will complete the sale process as normal, and you will receive proceeds from the sale on the payout day. Any item that did not yet sell in the August Monthly Auction will be removed from eBay and will be placed in your Vault free of charge and listed in the PWCC-hosted Monthly Auction, which will be available soon.

I submitted cards for the September Monthly Auction. What will happen to these cards?
September Monthly Auction items will be placed into your Vault, free of charge, ready to be sold in our future PWCC-hosted Monthly Auction, which will be available soon. If you do not already have a Vault Account, we will help you create one.

What if I'd like my cards returned to me?
Should you prefer to have your unsold cards returned, please contact customer service and we will do so at our expense.

My card(s) sold in the first few days of August Monthly Auction. Will I still be paid out?
Yes, all cards that have closed will complete the collections process, and if paid by the buyer, will be paid out in full. If the buyer does not remit payment, items will be placed into your Vault, free of charge, ready to be sold in our future PWCC-hosted Monthly Auction which will be available soon.

Can I still use Flash Auction?
Flash Auctions are currently on hold until we can soon offer them again on our own website.

Can I use Fixed Price to sell cards?
The Fixed Price Marketplace is currently on hold until we can soon offer them again on our own website.

What happens if I have a card currently live in Flash Auction or live on Fixed Price?
All items previously listed for a Flash Auction have been placed back into your Vault, ready to be sold under our future Flash Marketplace. All items previously listed for Fixed Price will soon be placed back into your Vault, ready to be sold under our future Fixed Price Marketplace.

What happens to items in my Vault?
Nothing. Those items are still safe and fully-insured, stored in our secure facility, operated exclusively by PWCC.

What are the fees to remove items from the Vault?
Fees to fulfill out of the Vault remain unchanged and are outlined here. Existing promotional rates also remain unchanged.

Can I still send cards from eBay to the Vault?
Yes you can. We are still accepting Vault submissions, and we are still honoring the FREEVAULT promo until Sept. 30th. Items can still be stored in our Vault, ready to be sold either in our existing Premier Auction or in our future PWCC-hosted Monthly, Flash, or Fixed-Price Marketplaces.

Can I still take out a loan through PWCC Capital?
Yes, we would be pleased to consider you for a loan. Contact our Customer Service Team via email or chat to start the process.

Is the FreeVault Promo still going to be accepted for safely storing cards?
Yes. The FREEVAULT promo is live until Sept. 30th and items can still be stored in our Vault, ready to be sold either in our existing Premier Auction or in our future PWCC-hosted Monthly, Flash, or Fixed-Price Marketplaces.

What happens to the current cards in the August Premier Auction?
Premier Auction is hosted on our site and has no affiliation with eBay. Premier Auction will continue to run business as usual.

Will the Premier Auction still end on Saturday, August 21 at 7pm?
Yes, Premier Auction is still scheduled to end at 7PM PT on August 21st with extended bidding happening immediately after.

I want to keep my Premier Auction purchase in the Vault. Is that service still available?
Yes. If you win an item in Premier Auction then you have the option of storing it for free in the Vault.

How can you assure me that shill bidding is not taking place in the current and future Premier Auctions?
As part of our Marketplace Tenets, PWCC and our staff and affiliates have no visibility into any bidders' maximum bid. This information is stored in a third-party service and no one from PWCC or any affiliates of the sellers can view it, by specific design.

All bidders must be approved to participate in the Premier Auction. To apply, submit a brief application with your eBay ID and two references if applicable (it takes less than two minutes). Our team will review your application, contact you within 24 hours if additional information is needed, and notify you of your approval. This process can take several days, so please submit your application early.

What happens when somebody is caught placing a bid they don't intend to honor, known as shill bidding?
Our Marketplace Trust team is extremely proactive in monitoring bidding. We have placed permanent blocks on any bidder who does not pay. Refer to the Marketplace Tenets for more details on our monitoring procedures.

What will happen to my cards once they're pulled from eBay? WilI I get a notification that they have indeed been removed?
All Fixed Price and Flash Auction listings that did not sell and were removed from eBay will automatically be placed back into your Vault. All unsold items in our August Monthly Auction and submissions received for future auctions will be placed in your Vault, free of charge, ready to be sold either in our existing Premier Auction or in our future PWCC-hosted Monthly, Flash, or Fixed-Price Marketplaces which will be available soon.

What can I expect from PWCC in terms of future plans and operations?
We are excited to roll out our own, proprietary Marketplaces specifically designed to meet the unique needs of this market and continue to offer excellent services to our clients.

Can I trust PWCC as a business moving forward?
Absolutely. We know trust is built over time and through a consistent experience. It is our hope that we have earned that trust from you and that we will continue to do so with our new platform. We are deeply committed to ensuring the bidding environment you deserve.